Who I am
Like you, I’m a writer. I’ve self-published two books, and I defy you to find a spelling or punctuation error in either of them!
I love story and language and am obsessed with making both as clear and appealing as possible.
What I do
I help writers take their story to the next level. I have an eye for detail and a knack for picking up what a manuscript needs to hook readers and keep them hooked.
How I do it
Depending what service you choose, I’ll scour your story for errors and opportunities to make your individual voice shine.
My focus is on readability, which means I’ll do whatever it takes to make your story accessible and understandable to readers.
Who I work with
Whether you’re a brand new writer with a first draft or a seasoned wordsmith with many finished works behind you, I can help you polish your manuscript and increase your skill with clear, direct advice on relevant techniques.
Why I do it
It is my firm belief that story is what helps us to survive whatever life throws at us, to find purpose, community, and happiness.
Every writer has something unique to offer, and I want to help as many as possible to get their distinctive stories to the readers who need them.
Nice Things My Clients Have Said About Me
“I’m very pleased…Erin did a great job with my project and I plan to go to her for all my future editing needs.”
Author of Monsters of Winter
“Erin has provided me with so much when it comes to making me a better writer. I recommend her for developmental, line editing, and proofreading.”
Author of the Stonewood Brothers Series
“ . . . that’s hard for me to say because I want to keep her locked away all for myself. You’ll fall in love with her and all her helpful tips and tricks. And then you’ll use her for your next project and the next one too. She’ll help you take your writing to the next level, but you should totally choose someone else for your next project and leave her all for me.“
Author of the Dark Wing Paranormal Romance Series
Both! I’m familiar with the spelling and punctuation quirks of both languages. Just let me know which one you require.
The Chicago Manual of Style because it’s the most commonly used guide in fiction publishing. But I can use any style guide you request.
Microsoft Word (.docx). This is so I can use the track changes function to make all my edits easily visible to you.
The process usually goes like this:
- Fill out and submit the booking form here or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I’ll contact you via email to answer any questions and discuss the timeline & terms.
- Once we’ve agreed on terms, I will send you a contract.
- Email me the signed contract and your manuscript in MS Word (.DOCX) format.
- Once I’ve completed the job, I’ll send you an invoice for the project.
- On payment of the invoice, I’ll send you an annotated manuscript with my edits and comments. If you booked a developmental or line edit, I’ll also send an editorial letter.
- Feel free to email me if you have any questions about my edits or comments.
- If you’re happy with my service, please leave a review on my Facebook page and recommend me to your friends!
I send payment requests using the Payoneer app. You can pay with your bank account, direct debit or credit card.
No. My goal is to help you make changes that will make your story appealing and accessible to readers while preserving your unique voice.
Absolutely not. I will only help you apply the rules of grammar, punctuation, and spelling, as well as the principles of good storytelling, to enhance your manuscript, all while elevating your unique voice.